This is what my deck looked like yesterday. I don't believe decks should look like this anytime after mid-March - and even then, that's pushing it. And if my deck is going to look like this in April (or at anytime, really), it better look like that on a friggin' work day. NOT on a Saturday. Although this happened Saturday when I was trying to be to work at 7 a.m., I guess it sort of counts. Except that a blizzard on a drill weekend isn't really like having a blizzard on a Tuesday.
And I got stuck in my driveway. Thankfully the neighbor down the alley was also up and out shovelling at the ungodly hour of 6:30 a.m. and felt sorry enough for me to come push me back in the garage. So I just put on my sweats and poured a Bloody Mary.
Because my deck looked like this all day yesterday, I did absolutely nothing. No housework. No homework. Nothing. Simba and I cuddled on the chair and channel surfed. And napped. Twice.
Today my deck still pretty much looks like this picture, except the ridge on the bottom right (where I shoveled my way to the garage yesterday morning) is now clear. I shoveled the path again today. And the front walk. And the four-foot drift in front of my garage door. The guy who pushed me out yesterday plowed the alley. I LOVE him and would kiss his bald head except that I don't know his name and that might be a bit awkward.
Comments