Stress is really stressing me out. Normally when I feel stressed it's for a reason. A reason. Not just because. Lately, it's stress "just because" and I am frantically trying to find the reason for it. I'm not being successful with that and that too is stressing me out. There's a sense of foreboding but also a sense of unease (which is pretty close on the synonym scale to foreboding, I know) and a sense of dread (again, I know) and a sense of pressure....OK, you get the point.
I'm pretending it's not there. Sort of like when your grandma farts and stinks up Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone just pauses, maybe clears their throat, sips their wine and continues like no one's hair just got curled. That's where I am right now. Stuck in the middle of turkey dinner with a gassy old woman.
Of course there's school (always a strain) and work (ditto) and money (hahahaha)a and everything else that simmers in my head. But I have added something to the pot recently, and I'm not sure how it's going to mix into the soup. I really hope this ingredient is that secret something that all good chefs find to make a standard recipe into something extraordinary; something to balance everything and make it sing. I really hope that's what it does. But until the soup is ready, I won't know.
Damn I'm full of metaphors today.
I'm pretending it's not there. Sort of like when your grandma farts and stinks up Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone just pauses, maybe clears their throat, sips their wine and continues like no one's hair just got curled. That's where I am right now. Stuck in the middle of turkey dinner with a gassy old woman.
Of course there's school (always a strain) and work (ditto) and money (hahahaha)a and everything else that simmers in my head. But I have added something to the pot recently, and I'm not sure how it's going to mix into the soup. I really hope this ingredient is that secret something that all good chefs find to make a standard recipe into something extraordinary; something to balance everything and make it sing. I really hope that's what it does. But until the soup is ready, I won't know.
Damn I'm full of metaphors today.
Comments